2006 Seagrave Marauder II Pumper
In 2005 a committee was appointed to replace three of the fire company’s pumpers. The committee spent many months looking at demonstrators from different manufacturers, writing specifications and requesting bids. In April of 2006 the fire company voted to purchase three Seagrave Marauder II pumpers from Fire Equipment Supply Company (FESCO). All three pumpers were delivered to Bel Air in March of 2007.
The pumpers were equipped with the following: Detroit Diesel Series 60 515 HP engines, Hale QMAX 1500 GPM single stage pumps, 750 gallon booster tanks, 50 gallon foam tanks, Feecon around the pump foam systems, Harrison PTO-driven hydraulic generators, Elkhart hydraulically operated valves, RUDD automatic snow and ice chains, a 1000 GPM pre-piped monitors above the pump panel, a hose bed that contains 1200 feet of 5 inch hose, 400 feet of 3 inch hose, tone 150 foot 1 ¾ preconnect, two 200 foot 1 ¾ preconnects, one 250 foot 1 ¾ preconnect and a 100 foot 1 ¾ front bumper trash line. In addition the pumpers had double high side compartments, and a hydraulic ladder rack containing an aluminum 3 section 35 foot extension ladder, an aluminum 14 foot roof ladder and a 10 foot folding ladder. The standard complement of tools, hooks, extinguishers, smoke ejectors, hand lights and appliances were also carried.
All of the three pumpers are also configured so that they would also be squads and carry an AMKUS 220V HRT System.
Engine 313 was placed into service on April 10, 2007 and that same day responded to its first alarm at 2200 Candice Court for an automatic alarm.