BAVFC Hiring Part Time EMTs and EMT-Is/EMT-Ps
The BAVFC is currently hiring PART TIME EMTs, EMT-Is and EMT-Ps.
Pay is $14.00 per hour for BLS and $20.00 for ALS. This position does not provide benefits.
See the job description for more information and requirements. Resumes may be sent to email@example.com
BAVFC EMT, EMT-I, EMT-P
- Nature and Variety of Work
- This is skilled and highly responsible technical work as a basic or advanced life support provider.
- Work involved responsibility for performing basic and advanced life support care to sick, injured: or convalescent persons at the site of an emergency or enroute to hospital or other destination. Work is carried out under stressful conditions and must be performed to established protocols governing emergency medical basic and advanced life support services. Work is performed with considerable technical independence, and is evaluated in terms of the application of approved techniques and safe and skilled operations of equipment in transporting patients to hospital or other locations of emergency care.
- Examples of Work (may not include all duties performed)
- Performs necessary basic and advanced life support care on sick, injured, or convalescent persons at the sites of emergency or en route to hospitals or other locations: observes established EMT-I/EMT-P protocols in the use of advanced emergency medical procedures.
- Carries out physicians’ orders and supplies patient information on request of physician.
- Maintains a daily log of responses: obtains medical data and maintains inventories of equipment and suppliers: maintains ambulance and equipment: prepares required reports.
- Performs related work as required
- Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Considerable knowledge of emergency health care procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of symptoms of medical emergencies and of appropriate responses to such conditions.
- Knowledge of the techniques of leadership, training, and supervision.
- Ability to apply emergency medical care and to administer emergency medical procedures and medications.
- Ability to evaluate patients’ conditions and properly render needed emergency health care.
- Ability to operate emergency vehicles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with superiors, other employees, and the public.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain emergency medical certifications.
- Minimum Qualifications
- 21 years of age
- Maryland or National Registry EMT Or National Registry EMT-I or EMT-P
- Current CPR card
- Valid driver’s license
- ICS 100, 200, 700
- Hazmat Awareness or Operations
- Have a minimum of 1 year as an active provider on a 911 BLS or ALS transport unit.