Please read the entire message for information on application process. Deadline is April 15th 2021.
TITLE: EMS ADMINISTRATOR
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: All employees in EMS Paid Division.
SUMMARY DISCRIPTION: EMS ADMINISTRATOR is responsible for the overall operational functionality, effectiveness, and performance of the EMS Paid Division.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
· Oversee all aspects of EMS Paid Division.
· Manages and ensures efficient, effective and professional services are provided with high levels of clinical and customer services
· Ensures that assigned personnel are fully oriented, trained and informed of company policies, local procedures and other information pertinent to their jobs.
· Reviews and acts upon, as necessary, all incident, deviation/exception, and other reports within his/her jurisdiction.
· Keeps current on events affecting his/her area of responsibility: accidents, injuries, breaches of policy, customer services quality, inter-agency relations, morale, newsworthy events, and superior/poor performance by field personnel.
· Participates in industry and regulatory meetings and events.
· Responsible for reviewing performance evaluations of personnel and providing input into the appraisal process.
· Assists the Division Supervisors in administering discipline and counseling. May carry out discipline up to and including suspension.
· Compiles and interprets key performance data and provides accurate reports to company leadership according to deadlines.
· Responsible for working with the EMS Assistant Chief to develop the annual EMS budget.
· Required to operate division within assigned budget parameters.
· Responsible for a working knowledge of all equipment and its condition.
· Must attend scheduled and called meetings.
· Reviews Equipment Failure reports for accuracy and completeness.
· Responsible for adequate staffing in the EMS Paid Division
· Reports to the Board of Director responsible for the EMS Paid Division, however will be assigned to a functional supervisor which will be the EMS Assistant Chief of the company.
· Other duties as directed.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, however a degree in management and/or Emergency Services is preferred.
· 4-6 years of experience in specific mid/upper-level EMS Management
· Experience in Microsoft Office programs, (Excel proficiency helps)
· Experience leading and managing large groups of personnel.
· Must have strong knowledge and experience of operations specific to an emergency services company.
· Must be flexible in work schedule to meet the demands of the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to exercise authority with logic and consistency.
· Ability to objectively and accurately evaluate performance of subordinates.
· Knowledge of matters of employment law, employee health, safety, and loss control.
· Knowledge of local, regional, and state laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to EMS and ambulance operations.
· Ability to delegate effectively.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to administer discipline and counsel employees effectively to, achieve a desired result.
· Ability to minimize stress by identifying potential problems and effectively dealing with stressful situations that do occur.
· Advanced knowledge of business, management, and fiscal skills.
· Gathers information, analyzes it and makes decisions from a limited number of choices.
· Ability to learn from on-the-job experiences and draw inferences from diverse sources.
· Ability to interpret instructions and understand implications using a broad background of knowledge and experience.
· Ability to draw inferences and set up effective solutions when unexpected problems arise on the job.
· Ability to plan and coordinate logistics in an efficient and cost effective manner.
· Ability to communicate opinions, observations, and conclusions in a clear and conscience manner.
· Knowledge of the key concepts and variables that define the EMS industry
· Intellectual versatility. Recognizing, exploring, and using a broad range of ideas and practices. Thinking logically and creatively without undue influence from personal biases. Relationship versatility. Adjusting behavior in order to establish relationships across a broad range of people and groups.
· Ability to serve as an effective role model for subordinates.
· Ability to negotiate effectively and efficiently.
· Ability to bring people together to achieve common goals.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $73,000 – $83,000
· Dental insurance
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· Bachelors Degree
· Emergency Medical Services: 4-6 years (Required)
· NRP Paramedic Certification
· Multiple locations in Bel Air VFC territory
· Bi weekly or Twice monthly
· Waiting period may apply
TO APPLY SEND RESUME AND TRANSCRIPT/S TO THE BEL AIR VOLUNTEER FIRE CO BUSINESS OFFICE VIA EMAIL, BUSINESSOFFICE@BAVFC.ORG OR YOU CAN MAIL THEM TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
BEL AIR VOLUNTEER FIRE CO, INC
ATTN: BUSINESS OFFICE
109 SOUTH HICKORY AVENUE
BEL AIR, MD 21014
DEADLINE IS APRIL 15, 2021
NOTHING WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA SOCIAL MEDIA MESSAGES, POSTS, ETC.