1938 Continental Ambulance
In 1939, the fire company shouldered the responsibility of providing ambulance service and purchased its first ambulance. The unit was a 1938 Continental chassis that had formally been a hearse.
The chassis and motor were overhauled in a local Bel Air garage and then the unit was sent to Baltimore to have the custom body equipped with the latest stretcher, first aid kits and other accessories.
The unit was placed into service on January 23, 1939. This unit was traded in on the 1941 Henney Packard ambulance.