1950 Packard Henney Ambulance
In 1950 the fire company would purchase a new ambulance to replace the 1941 Packard Henney. The 1941 ambulance had experienced a blown engine while on its way to Harford Memorial Hospital with a maternity case in early July. Because of the mileage and wear and tear on the unit, the company had already started to look into a replacement unit.
The company immediately purchased a 1950 Packard Henney ambulance from the A. G. Geissell Coach Company of Philadelphia. The ambulance would be equipped with all the modern medical equipment of the time. The unit was a demonstrator and was immediately delivered to Bel Air. After some post delivery work, such as undercoating, was placed in service on July 10, 1950.