1995 Ford F350 Brush Truck
In May of 1994 the fire company decided to purchase a second brush unit to be stationed at the Forest Hill Station. A committee was appointed and spent many hours looking at demonstrators from different manufacturers, writing specifications and requesting bids.
In April of 1995 a Ford F350 chassis was purchased from Plaza Ford and the tank and pump unit coming from Wajax Pacific. The chassis, tank and pump arrived in Bel Air in August of 1995. The unit was assembled by fire company members starting in 1995 and completed in 1996. The unit was designed as a brush truck and as a winch vehicle on rescues.
Once it arrived the fire company installed a slide in fiberglass 200 gallon tank, a 200 GPM pump, an electric rewind booster reel with 300 feet of ¾ inch booster hose, and all the emergency lights, siren and air horn. The unit also carried the standard tools such as axes, brush rakes, and Indian tanks.
The unit was placed in service on April 23, 1996. Its first alarm was on April 23, 1996 for a field and woods fire at 1523 Southview Road near Fountain Green.