1990 Spartan Saulsbury Rescue Pumper
In April of 1988 the fire company appointed a committee to being looking into the replacement of the 1977 Seagrave Pumper \ Squad. The committee spent many hours looking at demonstrators from different manufacturers, writing specifications and requesting bids. In December of 1989, after receiving bids, the fire company voted to purchase a Spartan Saulsbury Custom Rescue Pumper.
The unit was a fully equipped Class A pumper and Heavy Rescue unit, featuring a 1250 GPM pump, 600 gallon tank and an integral 150 gallon foam tank and around the pump foam system. The hose bed that contained 1200 feet of 5 inch hose, and a 150 foot 1 ¾ preconnect and one 200 foot 1 ¾ preconnect. The unit had a pre-piped monitor above the pump panel that could be made portable. The unit also carried all the standard tools of an engine company such as ladders, axes, hooks, halligan bars, smoke ejectors, rope, extinguishers, and various tips for the monitor, etc.
The unit had a Harrison hydraulic 15 KW generator, front and rear 12,000 lb winch, 3 AMKUS HRT power units with preconnected spreaders, cutters and rams. It also carried high and medium pressure air bags plus a wide assortment of specialized rescue tools, power tools and hand tools.
The unit was completed in March of 1991 and arrived in Bel Air on March 28, 1991. The unit was placed in service on May 29, 1991 and answered its first alarm that same day. The call was for a Hazardous Materials incident on Conowingo Road, just north of Bel Air.
The unit was placed out of service and advertised for sale in 2002. After not being sold, the unit was placed back into service, and given the Unit Number of E316, due to the approaching Hurricane Isabelle, which was heading directly for the mid Atlantic region.
The unit later became rescue 351 once more when on October 13, 2003 it was determined that the new 2002 rescue unit was extremely overweight and would have to be returned for modifications. It would continue serve until March of 2004 when it was placed out of service for the final time and sold to Brindlee Mountain Fire Apparatus, LLC of Union Grove, Alabama on March 2, 2004.