1958 Dodge Utility & Air Unit
This unit was purchased in 1967 from Navy Surplus. It was purchased to replace the 1951 Dodge Utility vehicle, which was being sold. The unit arrived painted a Navy grey. It was repainted by members of the fire company with the red and white scheme of the other apparatus.
The unit was to originally serve as a company utility vehicle and possible service truck. In 1968 the fire company purchased an air cascade system for use on the fireground in refilling SCBA bottles. The officers decided to install the four bottle cascade system in the utility truck and designate if an air unit.
The unit was converted over and ran its first alarm as an air unit on January 1, 1969 for a church fire at St Margaret’s, located at Hickory Avenue and Lee Way in Bel Air. The unit continued to serve as an air unit until the middle of 1970, when the air cascade system was removed and installed on the 1940 Mack Type 50 pumper. The unit was sold to the Joppa Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company in September of 1970.